I did all by myself, mom!

So... we are getting ready to go out to a birthday party on Memorial Day. Cesar was with his dad this weekend, so we only had Coco and Connor with us. And Nicole tells me, "Mommy, I'm a big girl now. I'll be 5 on June 3rd, so I think I can get ready ALL by myself".

What am I supposed to say? It's a bitter sweet feeling that takes over me when I see this sweet little girl growing into a BIG girl... I wish I could hold her in my arms and kiss her and hug her, and not let her go ANYWHERE, ever, always being my sweet precious baby.

But I know she's with me for just a short while; I can't stop her from growing, nor do I really want to, so... of course, I let her go and get ready ALL by herself. I call out her name and ask, "Nicole, are you ready? come down so that I can do your hair, hun, it's really getting late!". Her response? "Oh, no mom, you don't need to! I already did it ALL by myself"...


"So, how do I look, mommy? Do I look like a Princess?" Of course, if you ask me, she always, always looks like one... but I just couldn't let her go with that hair or those clothes. But we absolutely enjoyed her spirit! Boy, is she a wonderful girl!

Anyways, i don't know why did I bother... we got to the party, where it rained on us half of the time, and we ended up with mud up to the nose. But had lots of fun. Connor tried watermelon for the first time, at 5 months... he loved to suck on the thing, and since he is teething, he really enjoyed sinking his gums on that cool fruit. Thankfully, he didn't get a runny tummy! It's so nice to get together with friends and see our kids grow! I am so lucky and blessed having the friends and family I have!

Comments

Aren't they so precious?! I have a 4.5 year old and I see a glimpse of independance just about every day. It's exciting and sad all at the same time. I love to see her try new things, see new things and tell ME new things. I cannot believe how fast time goes by! Your little one is sure adorable! Ya know... I think Watermelon may be just the right thing to soothe the gums of a teething baby!
Great Pics Paula!!!!

Yes I feel your pain about the kiddos growing up...Tommy has been dressing all by himself for quite some time now and he always asks, "Mom?? Super hero shirt today??" LOL...can you tell I at least try to steer away from that EVERY DAY???
Ahh, you should have let her go like that! I think any parent of little girls know. :) Thank God, Lucas could care less what he wears. I still set his clothes out. Hopefully he will marry a control freak like his mother.
Cute baby watermelon pics. Yummmm

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

A Li'l soMeThiNg