I Love October!

There's something about the crisp air in October that I just love. And pumpkins and scarecrows, and wagon rides, and the smell of burning leaves, and Oktoberfests, and the crunching of the fallen leaves. My favorite thing of all is a nice fire in the backyard, with a mug of coffee or tea or hot cocoa in my hands, a chal on my lap and Brian by my side. Only our firepit really was too old and we had to get rid of it, and we haven't had a chance to go get another one :(
But I still love October. Wish it lasted longer.



I just can't help being in love with this kid. He is so much like his dad. He's just funny and all boy-weird (since you are probably a girl reading, I know you totally understand). I love him to pieces!

Noni came one day with this frozen turkey. I attempted to make turkey once, but even though it looked golden and pretty, it was completely raw inside. AND, I didn't know that turkeys have these little bags with UGLY YUCKY ICKY stuff inside... I learned that after the fact.
ANYWAYS... two weeks ago I had taken the bird out of the freezer, and was thinking of giving it a try, when my back went bananas on me, and I could barely move from the pain. SO, I asked Brian to give it a try. Noni emailed him a recipe, and this was his bird on his FIRST attempt...
I hated that he is better than me at turkey cooking, but I TOTALLY loved the YUMMINESS!!! This was d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s!!! I've been trying to convince Brian that he should be the official cook of the family, but he won't budge.


Brian had to go to Panama on business. Now, if you ask me, Panama DOESN'T count as business. Any trip to a foreign country should have to be counted as a VACATION trip, and the other spouse should get a nice beautiful present like LOTS of scrapbooking goodies from the offending spouse (I know Brian reads my blog, I'm trying to guilt-trip him, blink, blink). Anyways, when he's not here, I just go insane. I LOVE having kids over at the house. It's always a blast. But this past Friday, I thought it's a good thing that Brian was coming back on Saturday, because I was just losing it. This is the crew I had over by the end of the day...

The older kids are too cool for pots and pans, so they were playing with the Playstation. But us, the insane, were on the kitchen floor... These kids were making soooo much noise. It went on for quite a while, until Connor broke the maracas as he was banging them against the pots. I think it was too much chocolate milk...
And then... here's little old me. Last night, as I was sitting here with my good friend Linda, all of a sudden, I get a call from a friend of mine I haven't seen since 1992! WOWSERS! Daniel is a missionary priest, and he went back to Mexico after 13 years working in Cuba. He's been looking for me for a couple of months, but it wasn't until my other friend Ricardo (another missionary priest!) came back from Kenya that they saw each other and exchanged info, and he was able to call me. It is sooo good to hear from my friends! Made me realize that a LOT of my friends are priests now! (long story but it goes like this: dad was going to be a missionary priest -was two years short- so I grew up around boys that were going to the seminary all my life. I met Ricardo, my best friend, when I was 7; and Daniel when I was 13). I thought for a long time that I would be a missionary in Kenya, but life had other surprises for me.
Anyways, Daniel is coming to Philly next week, and he's trying to get things going to come and visit... I'm so excited! He was asking if I had a picture, so this morning I took one. You would think I would AT LEAST comb my hair or wash my face... but anyways, this is me today.
Have a great October! I promise to come and update more often!

Comments

Nina Diane said…
oh what a beautiful picture! You TOO my dear are absoutley gorgeous! I love all of your pics and love the fact that you have all of those kids over. When my kids were younger, our house was the official "hang out" house and we just loved that. It's a little quieter now but with my age, that's probably a good thing. I'll post the applesauce recipe after I try it out today. It's the slow cooker kind and I've never made it that way before. I'll let you know. Glad to see you FINALLY updated girlie....hehe.
hugs to you and your beautiful family.
Nina
kmmiller said…
what an awesome picture. you are so beautiful.

I would be guilting my hubby too with a trip like that.

and, yes, you were crazy to have that many kids in your house. LOL
Fee said…
Stunning picture...you look good as always. And you are a COOL mom :) Me - I've been complaining all weekend as I clean to not touch anything LOL
Cheryl Wray said…
Oh, I love October too!!

And these are FANTASTIC pictures!! I love them all!!!!!
Martha said…
First, of all, your front porch is gorgeous...with all the flowers and your sweet family, I'm glad to see that last photo of you, at least! You have a great smile. You should try out the timer, so you can be in a photo with your fam!
Kim Watson said…
I look at your lovely faces & it makes my heart smile! You are all such a lovely bunch...oh why don't we live closer??????

Bleuh! to that skeleton photo...halloween gives me the creeps....I am SO glad we choose not to celebrate it. The dress up is such fun...but the actual meaning behind halloween is seriously nasty. I do love those the cute scarecrows though...they are really cleverly done...so perfect for Fall :o) Fall in your neck of the woods sounds amazing...your description of what it feels like, had me right there with you.
Hahahaha! to your HINT to Brian to bring you scrapbooking goodies...well did it work???
I loved reading the story about your long lost friend....& that you have so many people in your life who are dedicated to spreading the good news....TFS!!
Dirty face...? I ask you??? where??? You look beautiful...that hair length suits you very well.
Well lovelies....hugs to ALL of you from ALL of us!!
Chat soon.
K
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
what a very october-y post...i love this time of year, reminds me of when my big dude was born (tom's not cool enough for that title!)...

loved all the great pics, especially the one of you-if that's you without your hair combed-holy cow, girl! you must not have any bad days. looking cute!

so is c reading twilight? what's he think?
Anonymous said…
You all look amazing! Love your hair goes very well with you. I can't do short hair it just doesn't do me justice. The kids are so adorable! We need to make time to get together like Hilda had said before. So did he bring you any goodies? if he didn't shame on him! I tell Jorge he needs to be more toughtful and buy me things from time to time. Keeps the relationship alive which he did buy me the movie Made of Honor with the cutie Patrick Dempsey! Great movie by the way! Cesar is so big and I hope he continues letting you take pictures of him. I agree Connor is adorable and Nicole is a cutie even when she gets up-set. I hope you have a great Halloween! I am taking the kids out trick or treating weather permitting. Love you lots cousin!
Annette said…
Your self portait is awesome! You sexy-mama!

I'm glad to hear that your old friend found you. Can't wait to hear about your visit!

And I'm terrible about updating my posts, too! Love the pics of your family....but you must be nuts to have that many kids over at one time! :)
Kara Ward said…
Oh, you had me laughing. I agree...out of the country is a vacation. Mine is in Japan all the time. Tonight, he is in Lincoln. Eating out, talking with friends, and not having to be at the office in the morning isn't a bad deal. wink, wink. I love the fall photos. I feel like you do...the cool, crisp air gets my blood flowing and my kitchen glowing. Take care, Kara
Carrie said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
I share your feelings for October, and I'm deeply sad to see that it is quickly coming to an end. Wonderful photos,love those scarecrows!
Martha said…
Thank you for your constant sweet comments on my blog! I always look forward to seeing your blog updates, too.
Anonymous said…
Well, my very first car was a 93 Ford Taurus and I loved that car until it started messing up on me. Then I got my 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse that got total on an accident on November 19th 05 rest in peace. I loved that car it was my baby and Jorge and I put a lot of work into that car. We loved it. Then I got her my 05 Mitsubishi Endeavor. I had her for 2 years but Jorge used it majority of the time since he didn't have a good working car. When I was able to get her back I wasn't too happy for a lot of dents and things he did to her. I was up-set. I know i'm weird but I love cars. I have to admit that even though now I have a great car I still think of her every day. What can I say but that you have a crazy cousin that loves cars. LOL Well I hope everyone is doing well. Get ready for trick or treat on Friday! hugs and kisses cus!

Popular posts from this blog

About birds and TEA

Plank Jr. High